Applications for our Letendre Summer Athletic Training Camp Scholarship are accepted annually from January 1 to April 1.
In the event that no appropriate applications are received, the scholarship may not be granted every calendar year. This determination will be made at the discretion of NHMI's Scholarship Committee. The Committee is made up of representatives from NHMI.
- The application is available online. Please complete the application form and forward the recommendation form link to a teacher or coach who should complete it and submit it directly to NHMI.
- The winner will be selected on a combination of academic achievement, character, and athletic training interest.
- The winner will be notified no later than May 15.
- If the scholarship winner is unable to attend the identified summer camp, use of the scholarship for the next summer will be considered. However, there will be no cash award.
- There is no cash award to the scholarship winner.
- The scholarship is for one year (one summer camp experience) only.
- Past winners are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a current Sophomore or Junior when applying for the scholarship.
- The applicant must have a grade point average of "B" or above.
- It must be the intent of the applicant for this scholarship that he or she evaluates the profession of athletic training or related field as means of livelihood.
- The applicant must send the scholarship recommendation form link to a teacher or coach to complete. The recommendation form should be completed by a person felt to be able to judge the applicant's qualities and abilities in the areas of academics and social involvement. The teacher or coach is required to complete the online recommendation form and submit online no later than April 1st. (Link to the recommendation form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y8V7DFB).
- Utilizing the Scholarship Application Form, the applicant is required to submit a one-page biographical sketch including a statement as to why he or she feels that they should be awarded the scholarship.