- Safe Sports
- About Safe Sports
About Safe Sports Network
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE HOW YOUNG ATHLETES BENEFIT FROM SAFE SPORTS SERVICES!
The need for the Safe Sports Network program hit home for one of our founders one August day more than 20 years ago. He was standing next to an athletic-looking young man outside a fence watching Manchester Central High School's football tryouts. He asked the young man why he wasn’t out there. The response to that question ("Because my family can't afford the physical.") planted the seed that has become the Safe Sports Network.
- Our athletic trainers (click here to learn about the life-saving difference having athletic trainers at schools can make) have evaluated more than 100,000 athletic injuries in the high schools while only referring approximately 20% to a doctor or emergency room. This translates to a significant savings of healthcare dollars for the southern NH communities we serve.
- More than 10,000 injuries have been evaluated in our free injury clinic.
- We have performed approximately 7,500 free sport physicals.
- We have provided more than 120,000 hours of onsite medical coverage. The vast majority of these hours have been donated to our schools.
- Safe Sports Network provides more than $1,000,000 cost savings to athletes and their families.
The Safe Sports Network offers free evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for student athletes of Greater Manchester, NH. Services include outreach to nine local high schools, sports injury clinics, and coach and community education. The staff is comprised of athletic trainers who work under the direction of Jim Vailas, MD who has been the Safe Sports Network Medical Director since its inception. Coordinating the daily operations of Safe Sports is Program Director, Dawn Belmore, MEd, ATC.